Impulse Engine is a small 2D physics engine written in C++ created by Randy Gaul. The engine is intended to be used in an educational manner by allowing others to learn the inner workings of physics engines. The source code of Impulse Engine is filled with comments and is written in as straight-forward a manner as possible.
- Generalized convex polygons
- Real-time hull creation from any set of points
- Circle and Polygon collision routines using Separating Axis Theorem
- Impulse based collision resolution
- Cross-platform support thanks to whackashoe
If you have any questions feel free to contact Randy at: r dot gaul at digipen dot edu.
Here is a link to the github repository.